Thursday, August 7, 2014

If It Is Not Obvious

There are times when I do not enjoy being God's messenger. I have been preaching and writing the good news for over 4 years now, and have made little patent headway. Still preaching and writing and witnessing are my destiny and assigned task as long as I breathe, am conscious and of sound mind. I will do my best to stay the course.

One cannot enjoin people to hear and live by the good word. All such choices are strictly voluntary. That way is slow, but it is the only way  actually to gain ground.

In light of the fact that it is voluntary, one feels like not preaching very much, or advertising very much. One feels, in down moments, that if the truth, superiority and beauty of what is being proffered is not acceptable, attractive, obvious and welcome in its face, then there is no hope for those rejecting the advertised good word.

But, that is not the proper way for a messenger and prophet to react to rejection. His job is to advertise, advertise advertise. How it is received or ignored is not his problem. His has done his job. He has fought the good fight. That is all is responsible for. He hopes that he has earned his place in heaven.

The latter saintly and sterling paragon of iron will is what I strive to be, but I lapse and fail because I am only too human. I am part of the human condition too.

No comments:

Post a Comment