Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Those Daily Chores

We had about 7 inches of snow overnight here in the Twin Cities, more north of town. I paid bills, cared for the dog and cat, got Jane's car up the icy hill, and then went out and shoveled out the lot. I noticed that the snow makes the branches droop on the south spruce tree, so in the next few days, I will go around the tree and cut the branches up one more foot, so I can walk and garden under them in the spring without drooping branches brushing my face.

I am headed off to work in about an hour and a half. I will make lunch, and then get set to go. It is astounding how much work there is to run a household, and just complete mundane chores that allow us to live well lives. These drab chores also provide order, system and purpose for our daily lives, and that is critically needed to fill the days with activities, and to keep us mentally healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment