Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Ask Not Demand

 

Perhaps I have gained wisdom through my deep fer of the Lord. The good deities are so much more powerful, smart, and loving than we are by comparison, that they make wonderful, essential allies and dangerous enemies should one heedlessly or intentionally insult or offend them.

 

I pray, like other believers, and I hope what I ask for is what I need, and that the requests are reasonable, whether or not it is the will of the good deities to grant what I ask for, or not to, for whatever inscrutable reasons of their own.

 

I work for them, and out of love, respect and fear, I ask for what I need on bended knee, but I never demand that they grant my every wish immediately, precisely as I demand, like an insouciant entitled, disrespectful brat.

 

I humbly ask for aid, but don’t demand anything, and I thank the good deities for what I receive whether or not I think that was what I asked for, or what I deserve.

 

The Divine Couple are our leaders, and we need to pray and converse with them with a grateful, respectful demeanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment