Saturday, October 28, 2023

White Privilege

 

There are plenty of reverse-racists that hate white people that go on and on about white privilege. Most whites have had to work hard to get to where they are. I grew up in a poor rural family whose parents in 1966 had an income of around $10,000 for a family to ten.

 

Today, my family and I are modestly prosperous. I worked two jobs for 20 years. I was a full-time janitor for 21 years, and now I am a maintenance engineer and handyman, so do not tell me about my white privilege. I am 69 years old and still work full time.

 

Still, there is privilege to being white—or anyone else in this country as some observant person noted that white privilege is being born in America, but that applies to all Americans. If you apply yourself here, as an industrious individual, you can achieve at least some level of material success.

 

The other privilege enjoyed by white Americans and all Americans is to be the recipient of good values, the American and Western set of values, growing out of our Greek and Judeo-Christian cultures origins.

 

With the right values, we know that we as individuals can better ourselves through self-reliance, honesty, hard work, consistent employment and managing our financial resources prudently. That is the fantastic promise of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment